Thursday, July 10, 2014

Three About Me

Borrowing from my friend, Charlene Newcomb.

Three things about yourself:

1. Born in New Hampshire
2. Love horses
3. Once studied space science in college


Three things that scare you:

1. Spiders/bugs
2. My children being hurt
3. Being broke/unable to pay my bills


Three of your everyday essesntials:

1. Coffee
2. Laptop/internet
3. A book to read


Three of your favorite hobbies:

1. Reading
2. Hiking
3. Exploring new places/things


Three careers you're considering/have considered:

1. Editor
2. Astronaut
3. Horse trainer


Three books you have recently read/are reading:

1. Time and Chance--Sharon Kay Penman (current)
2. When Christ and His Saints Slept--Sharon Kay Penman
3. Copyediting & proofreading for Dummies--Suzanne Gilad (current)


Three things you are working on, writing-wise:

1. Writing and researching my Robin Hood era novel for Camp NaNoWriMo
2. This blog
3. Consolidating all of my poetry into one or two compilations for publication


Three things you want to do before you die:

1. Become a published author
2. Visit Italy and Greece
3. See every state in the United States (unless this is one of those things where your death is contingent upon reaching the goal first, in which case, I'd like to live on a terra-formed planet in the Horsehead Nebula)


Three places you want to go on vacation:

1. Bar Harbor, ME
2. Boulder, CO
3. Smokey Mountains


Three favorite vacation spots:

1. Bar Harbor, ME
2. Ireland
3. Boston, MA


Three celeb idols (or crushes):

1. Channing Tatum (well, duh!)
2. Joe Manganiello (the inspiration for the hero of my current WIP)
3. Jensen Ackles (the inspiration for the hero of the sequel to my WIP)


Three quotes:

1. "Do you want clever, or really clever?" -- Joe Armstrong as my favorite character, Allan A'Dale, in Robin Hood, BBC
2. "You're never too old to be what you might have been." -- George Eliot
3. "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'" -- Val Kilmer as Chris Knight in Real Genius

No comments: